Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thing 6

The mashups exercise was brand-new to me.  I had not heard of this type of Web 2.0 product before, but I am glad to know about it now.  I really had fun with the Bookr site and had decided to create a book about my favorite time of year (there's a reason I married in October!).  I then went to the FD Toys' Trading Card Maker and found it much easier to work with, especially if I have my 3rd and/or 4th grade students use this.  I was thinking that perhaps they could make a trading card of their favorite Bluebonnet book.  Last year I had my 2nd grade students make a trading card of their favorite library book, with the copyright date, number of pages, etc. be the statistics section.  For this exercise, I decided to turn my Bookr idea into a Library Trading Card about why the fall is my favorite time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. I love your trading card idea. I really wanted to make one but just couldn't think of anything to put on it, I think they will be very useful in the library or even the classroom though. Now that I'm thinking about it I could pass out trading cards in place of business cards with all the "business card" info on it at the beginning of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat idea. You could put your contact info on it, maybe with a magnet on the back, so parents have a handy place to keep it.

    ReplyDelete