Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thing 5

This time I played around with and explored the Flickr site.  Looking at pictures is always fun, which made this site easy to get lost in.  I just completed the YA novel, Peak by Roland Smith, for the Young Adult literature class.  This book is about a teenage boy who is trying to climb the world's highest mountain - Mount Everest in the Himalayas.  Would you believe I found a picture of Mount Everest on the Flickr site?  I just happened to stumble across it, which made the find even more fun.  One disappointment:  there were so many watermarks to let you know that it was NOT a free photo it was a little distracting.  Even one of the commentors on the picture suggested that the photograph's markings were a little over-the-top.  I guess the photographers set that part up for themselves rather than the site itself.  I was still able to enjoy the picture by trying to focus on the scene that I had already imagined while reading the book.

I did, however, find quite a number of bluebonnet pictures that were free to use.  I chose this one because I like how the fog is just lifting from the flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment